Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day by Day


When you are working towards a goal sometimes it is easy to get overwhelmed by the enormity of the task at hand. That is why you need to remember the simple concept that each goal, no matter how big or small, is achieved by your accumulative efforts over time - or as they say a journey of 1000 miles begins with one single step.

One of the keys to my bodybuilding success was the ability to break my overall goal down into a day by day target rather than trying to digest the big picture all at once. For example - Instead of thinking of the whole 6 month pre-contest phase and everything I would have to do to be successful on stage I looked at each day as its own separate entity and I tried to complete each day to the best of my ability. The enormity of the whole task could have been paralyzing but completing each day to the best of my ability was easy to digest and execute. I knew that every great day I could complete would lead me one step closer to my over all goal. I knew my success or failure would result in how many great days I could string together over the long haul.

So as you set out to accomplish your goals remember to "chunk" the big tasks down into manageable bites and string as many great days together as you can......Day by Day!

Believe. Achieve.

http://www.jeffwillet.com/
http://www.iwanttolooklikethatguy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment