Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mental Demands of Steroid Free Bodybuilding

I've often compared it to a guy who walks across hot coals. In order to achieve outstanding condition you have to get your mind in a place that takes your body beyond where it comfortably wants to go.

When you are training drug free and striving to get "bodybuilding lean" you really have to dig deep as I explain in this clip from "I Want to Look Like That Guy".



By the time I reached the top of my career and won my IFBB pro card I had been competing for 13 years and became a master at willing myself to get into "drug-like" condition. This was more of a mental battle than a physical one. Especially the last 8 weeks or so of contest preparation which spanned a total of 6 months. That's right, my pre-contest prep would last for 6 months! That's half the year on a strict diet with no wavering.

Just like I touch on in the clip, to be healthy and fit is a total different animal than being "bodybuilding lean" or "photography lean".

We show in the movie that if you want to achieve the level of leanness you see onstage or in magazine photos you have to be willing to sacrifice and go beyond what is comfortable and natural for your body. Being a master of your mind set is the only way you will succeed.

Believe. Achieve.

http://www.jeffwillet.com/
http://www.iwanttolooklikethatguy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment